"Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God’s children.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The B.K.S. Iyengar Institute of Los Angeles supports the equal rights of all. Many have been protesting bravely in the streets — others have voiced their concern and despair in other ways. In these times of extreme emotional, spiritual and physical fatigue, we are offering free Sunday workshops taught by Senior Level Certified Iyengar Yoga Teachers. Please join as we commune online and restore ourselves so that we can remain awake to this moment and be most skillful in our thoughts and actions with the capacity to nurture ourselves and others.
July 12 10:00 AM PST - 12:00 P M PST
As part of IYILA's commitment to support our community we are offering this workshop Free
While we often come to yoga with goals of healing an injury, or getting fit, or finding serenity, being light hearted and joyous is also a marvelous benefit of practice. And with summer just around the corner, and the “stay at home” blahs grinding on and on, wouldn’t it be nice to to play again?
Guess what?! That is where Iyengar Yoga comes in. In this week’s Sunday class, join Anna in a class designed to bring exuberance and delight into your practice and life.
We look forward to having you join us in our Zoom “playground”!
$25 for the 4-class series
Do you know someone who has always wanted to try Iyengar yoga but didn't know where to start? Here's a course for them! Please let your friends and family know about this special intro series for anyone interested in learning the basics.
Taught by Senior Iyengar Yoga Teacher Christine Stein
4-week online introductory series for beginners
Class size limited to 24 students
There are few texts from classical India that have had such an long-running influence on the perspective of spiritual seekers than the one which bears the name of Yoga Sutra. Written nearly two thousand years ago by the sage Patanjali, this text of less than two hundred pithy aphorisms may be read in its entirety in less than an hour. And yet, this elegant work, divided into four brief chapters, outlines a profound and effective contemplative path which can lead to radical spiritual enlightenment and freedom.
John Thomas Casey has been a Yoga scholar-practitioner since 1971, and holds a doctorate in Asian and Comparative Philosophy from the University of Hawaii. John has taught courses on World Religions, Sanskrit language, Buddhism, and Yoga Studies at local colleges, while also helping to establish the MA program in Yoga Studies at Loyola Marymount University.
August 1 — Sadhana Pada 2 — Ashtanga-yoga — The Eight-Limbed System
September 5 — Vibhuti Pada 1 — Meditation: Means, Attainments & Manifestations
October 3 — Vibhuti Pada 2 — Highest Powers & Liberating Insight
Oct 31 — Kaivalya Pada — Spiritual Autonomy
November 14 — Comparison of the Meditative Model of the Yoga Sutras and those of Early Buddhism and the Tibetan Dzogchen Tradition
How to Sign Up For Classes
- Sign-in into your MINDBODY account and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive emails from us.
- Set your email account so that messages from "firstname.lastname@example.org" always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam. Here's a guide for how to do this in Gmail.
- View our class schedule online the same way you always do.
- Sign up for any Live Stream Class or Workshop and check out normally. You'll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after.
- Once you’re within 60 minutes of the class’ scheduled start time, you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live stream. Not seeing the email? Search your spam and promotions folders. Look for subject lines containing the phrase "live-stream link".
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Click your unique link a few minutes before class is scheduled to start.
- If you have the Zoom application on your device already, you’ll join immediately.
- If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
That's all there is to it! Thank you for staying active and being a part of our community. Looking forward to seeing you in (virtual) class!
Our LiveStream Teachers
Online Class Pricing
* All classes are non-refundable and non-transferable