Front Desk Assistant
Part-time (hours TBD) @ $12/hr.
The Front Desk Assistant position is designed to support the operations of the Institute through a combination of customer service and administrative (office) responsibilities. These include:
- Customer Care: The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for welcoming students to the institute, signing students into classes, responding to inquiries about account activity, talking to students about Iyengar yoga and suggesting class levels, teachers, and/or reading material.
- Retail: The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for suggesting and selling retail merchandise to the students and members daily. In addition, this person is responsible for maintaining and organizing the retail inventory, placing orders when required and restocking when necessary.
- Workshop/Specialty Courses: The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for registering students, inputting data entry, checking in students, verifying correct class counts, and following up with students as necessary and as directed by Institute teachers.
- Facility Maintenance: The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for restocking supplies throughout the institute and ensuring overall daily cleanliness of asana rooms, bathrooms, changing rooms, office area and lobby.
- Data Entry: The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for data entry into the studio software Mind Body. This includes checking students into classes, scanning waivers, correcting errors (with teacher or management approval) running sales reports, and other MindBody requirements as assigned or instructed by management or teachers.
Other tasks may include:
- Answering IYILA phone calls and responding quickly to emails from students and teachers.
- Updating and copying flyers, class schedules and maintaining the folders for these documents.
- Purchasing supplies for The Institute when instructed.
- Caring for plants and flower arrangements and generally keeping the Institute welcoming and professional for students and members.
Candidates for the position of Front Desk Assistant should have:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and social media
- Knowledge and experience with MindBody software
- Retail, sales and/or customer service experience
Essential other duties of the job:
This person must be able to stand for a majority of the work shift. In addition, this person needs to frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, maintenance requirements etc.
This person must know how to successfully operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer for a majority of the workday.
This person is required to converse with students and members at the institute a majority of the time during their work shift. This requires the ability to hear and listen well, as well as to express him/herself and exchange in productive and accurate communication.
This person occasionally must climb stairs or ladders, to service the lights and ceiling fans, move items into storage, dust high ceilings and move props from a low position to a high position and vice versa. This may include stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
This position requires the person to be able to move or lift independently, up to 50lbs. This may include lifting and installing heavy water bottles, moving the wall to the asana rooms, rearranging props and shifting/stocking retail merchandise.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.